Welcome to the Official Home of the Bingham High School Bands!
We are located in South Jordan Utah, just 20 minutes south of downtown Salt Lake City. Whether you are a new visitor, past or present student, band alumni, local or corporate sponsor, or just a fan of the BHS Bands, we hope that you will find this site easy to use and entertaining to explore, but most of all we hope it is informative.
There are always new things happening here with frequent calendar updates and additional information added almost daily to keep everyone up with the latest news, rehearsal details, and performances involving the Bands at Bingham. Check out the unofficial social media home of the band on the BHS Bands Facebook Page and check back here often for the latest from the Bingham High School Bands!
Click on these links for information regarding the Bingham music feeder programs and great bands at South Jordan and Elk Ridge Middle Schools.
Latest News and Upcoming Events
- The Band is asking for donations for a safety-related upgrade to our 50 ft. Marching Band trailer. The trailer is in need of a "tuck-away" lift gate to help load unsteady and top-heavy wardrobe boxes into the back of the trailer at shows and competitions. These heavy boxes have come close several times to falling off our ramps and onto students, staff and parents. The units are between 10 and $15,000. Donations can be made in the main office at BHS and should be directed to the "BHS Marching Band. All donations are tax deductible. Thanks for your consideration.
- The 2015 Fall Marching Band season has formed up on the band calendar - the kick-off meeting is April 29 at 7 pm in the BHS Auditorium, and registrations are due May 29! Take a look at what the coming marching season looks like and plan on marching with us this fall! Click here to hear (and see!) this Fall's Show! Info letters have been sent out so watch your mail! It's going to be a great season with an awesome show! You want to be a part of this!
- Congrats to the BHS Symphonic Band for their great performance resulting in two Superior and one Excellent rating, and congrats to the BHS Wind Symphony for their straight Superior ratings at the Region Band Festival. The State Concert Band Festival is Friday, May 1st at Corner Canyon High School in Draper. Wind Symphony plays at 1:30 pm. The Festival is free to the public so come out and support our Bingham instrumentalists.
- Saturday, April 25 is the Utah Sate Solo & Small Ensemble Festival at Northridge HS in Layton. Good luck to all BHS instrumental soloists performing at State!
- The 10th Annual BHS "Boogie with the Big Bands" Jazz Dinner Dance and Silent Auction is May 2nd in the BHS Cafeteria. Find details and purchase your tickets under the 'Annual Jazz Dinner Dance and Fundraiser' tab. Come support the BHS Bands!
- Finally offered for sale, it’s time to purchase your Bingham Marching Band Pillows while limited supplies last! Made from our former Bingham Band uniforms, they are now offered to the general public at $125 each. These are going to be RARE and orders will be taken on a first come, first serve basis with payment made in full in the BHS main office and the receipt with date and time stamps turned into the band office. Supplies will be EXTREMELY limited as we only have about 65 old band uniforms remaining and each pillow uses up an entire uniform jacket so reserve yours today! These are perfect for that hardcore Bingham fan, former band student, or BHS souvenir hound. Contact Mr. Graber or Marta Ahlstrom, Band Booster President for more information about these now that they have hit the market, and check out the pictures to see what the pillows look like! Don't miss out!
Directions to Bingham High School, 2160 W. 10400 S., South Jordan UT
From Interstate 15, take exit 293 (South Jordan) and travel west on 10600 South (which turns into 10400 South) 2.5 miles to the intersection of 2200 west. The band room sits on the southeast corner of the building, just off the diagonal parking lot. Map It