Welcome to the Official Home of the Bingham High School Bands!
We are located in South Jordan Utah, just 20 minutes south of downtown Salt Lake City. Whether you are a new visitor, past or present student, band alumni, local or corporate sponsor, or just a fan of the BHS Bands, we hope that you will find this site easy to use and entertaining to explore, but most of all we hope it is informative.
There are always new things happening here with frequent calendar updates and additional information added almost daily to keep everyone up with the latest news, rehearsal details, and performances involving the Bands at Bingham. Check out the unofficial social media home of the band on the BHS Bands Facebook Page and check back here often for the latest from the Bingham High School Bands!
Click on these links for information regarding the Bingham music feeder programs and great bands at South Jordan and Elk Ridge Middle Schools.
Latest News and Upcoming Events
- Hey Band fans - some unfortunate news! Last night (9/12) the BHS Band trailers were broken into. The thieves used bolt cutters to enter the fence, and to enter the back door of the 24 ft, and the pit area of the 50 ft. The perps got away with our 3200 watt generator, two canopies, a battery charger/powerpack, a hitch, the tub of tools and air compressor, and we think some of the paper goods for feeding the band. Somewhere around $1200 worth of stuff for our season. SoJo police have a report on file, and the cameras were working on that corner of the building so Monday we hope to gather more info. Our custodian locked the gate at 10:30 pm Friday night, and Mr. Graber discovered the break-in at 9 am Saturday. It could have been much worse, but the consensus is that the thieves had a plan, knew what they were looking for, and knew where to find it. If anybody hears anything suspicious, please let us know. This is a financial hit the band can't afford! If you would like to make a tax-deductible donation to the band to help replace some of these items, please contact the main office at BHS of Mr. Graber. Thanks!
- Good News! The BHS Band potato fundraiser has been so popular that the company has decided to do a second chance fundraiser with us! Starting Friday, September 5 and going to September 25, students are encouraged to download the potato fundraiser forms on the 'Marching Band' and 'Fundraiser' tabs and sell more potatoes to pay for your marching band fees. Get out there and sell!
- Marching Band season is here and people often wonder what the benefits are for participating in these ensembles. Click here for some reasons why marching band is a great activity and what life skills are taught.
- Want to help the Bands out this fall season? Contact Marta Ahlstrom or Mr. Graber and volunteer! We have several things coming up that financially help out the Bands at Bingham, and we can always use help staffing the myriad of projects that are always going on. Have a small business? Buy an ad to be posted on both of our trailers - details on the 'Band Boosters / Fundraising' page. Donations work well too and all are tax deductible!
- Finally offered for sale, it’s time to purchase your Bingham Marching Band Pillows while limited supplies last! Made from our former Bingham Band uniforms, sale of these very unique pillows kicked off with the auctioning of three at the Annual Jazz Dinner Dance last year. They are now offered to the general public at $125 each. These are going to be RARE and orders will be taken on a first come, first serve basis with payment made in full in the BHS main office and the receipt with date and time stamps turned into the band office. Supplies will be EXTREMELY limited as we only have about 65 old band uniforms remaining and each pillow uses up an entire uniform jacket so reserve yours today! These are perfect for that hardcore Bingham fan, former band student, or BHS souvenir hound. Contact Mr. Graber or Marta Ahlstrom, Band Booster President for more information about these now that they have hit the market, and check out the pictures to see what the pillows look like! Don't miss out!
Directions to Bingham High School, 2160 W. 10400 S., South Jordan UT
From Interstate 15, take exit 293 (South Jordan) and travel west on 10600 South (which turns into 10400 South) 2.5 miles to the intersection of 2200 west. The band room sits on the southeast corner of the building, just off the diagonal parking lot. Map It