Welcome to the Official Home of the Bingham High School Bands!
We are located in South Jordan Utah, just 20 minutes south of downtown Salt Lake City. Whether you are a new visitor, past or present student, band alumni, local or corporate sponsor, or just a fan of the BHS Bands, we hope that you will find this site easy to use and entertaining to explore, but most of all we hope it is informative.
There are always new things happening here with frequent calendar updates and additional information added almost daily to keep everyone up with the latest news, rehearsal details, and performances involving the Bands at Bingham. Check out the unofficial social media home of the band on the BHS Bands Facebook Page and check back here often for the latest from the Bingham High School Bands!
Click on these links for information regarding the Bingham music feeder programs and great bands at South Jordan and Elk Ridge Middle Schools.
Latest News and Upcoming Events
- The Band is asking for donations for a safety-related upgrade to our 50 ft. Marching Band trailer. The trailer is in need of a "tuck-away" lift gate to help load unsteady and top-heavy wardrobe boxes into the back of the trailer at shows and competitions. These heavy boxes have come close several times to falling off our ramps and onto students, staff and parents. The units are between 10 and $15,000. Donations can be made in the main office at BHS and should be directed to the "BHS Marching Band. All donations are tax deductible. Thanks for your consideration
- Please take this quick survey to tell us how you would like to be informed of band events this next school year. Click here.
- Sign up for text and email reminders now! Text '@bhsbands1' to 81010 for text updates of all band activities, practices and performances! If 81010 doesn't work try using (385) 218-6853. To receive email reminders email email@example.com. You can leave the subject and body blank. You can opt out of these at any time by responding with unsubscribe in the subject line or by replying via text 'unsubscribe @bhsbands1'
- Bingham Marching band now has a new new blog! Visit it at http://binghambandgiants.blogspot.com/ We want your marching band stories, remembrances, parodies etc. to put in the blog. Please email any submissions along with the year they were made to firstname.lastname@example.org and your entry will be put up on the blog to be preserved for all those who will one day stand on your shoulders!
- The 2015 End-of-Year video has been posted under the 'Videos' tab. Check it out by clicking here, or visit the tab and also be sure to check out other videos from the Bingham Bands!
- Summer Marching Band sectionals have begun in the BHS Band Room. Throughout the summer, Tuesdays will be brass sectionals, Wednesdays will be Percussion & Guard (Guard will also meet on Mondays) sectionals, and Thursdays will be for woodwinds. Sectionals run from 9 am - 12 pm with the first hour being used by the visual staff so bring conformable shoes and your horn. See you all there!
- Looking for a recording of Uptown Funk for the Parade on July 24? Click here and click the listen button to check out the recording, and play along as you practice! This tune will need to be memorized for the parade, and we will also use it in the stands during football games. Start practicing!!
- The recordings for the Libby Gardner Concert are now on the website for listening or download! Go to the 'Sheet Music / Sound Files' link and scroll to the bottom. It includes all three groups. Enjoy!
- Finally offered for sale, it’s time to purchase your Bingham Marching Band Pillows while limited supplies last! Made from our former Bingham Band uniforms, they are now offered to the general public at $125 each. These are going to be RARE and orders will be taken on a first come, first serve basis with payment made in full in the BHS main office and the receipt with date and time stamps turned into the band office. Supplies will be EXTREMELY limited as we only have about 65 old band uniforms remaining and each pillow uses up an entire uniform jacket so reserve yours today! These are perfect for that hardcore Bingham fan, former band student, or BHS souvenir hound. Contact Mr. Graber or Marta Ahlstrom, Band Booster President for more information about these now that they have hit the market, and check out the pictures to see what the pillows look like! Don't miss out!
Directions to Bingham High School, 2160 W. 10400 S., South Jordan UT
From Interstate 15, take exit 293 (South Jordan) and travel west on 10600 South (which turns into 10400 South) 2.5 miles to the intersection of 2200 west. The band room sits on the southeast corner of the building, just off the diagonal parking lot. Map It