BINGHAM HIGH SEMESTER CLASS CHANGES
** (IMPORTANT DATES AND TIMES) **
Second quarter ends on January 12th and third quarter/second semester begins on Wednesday, January 17th. There is no school on Monday, January 15th for the Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday, and Tuesday, January 16th for Grading Day. Arena scheduling will open in Skyward for 2nd Semester class changes at 3:00 pm on January 5th and close at 11:59 p.m. on January 14th.
Before making any class changes, please consider the following important items.
- Counselors and administrators are NOT able to add students to classes that are already full.
- Make class changes with caution. If you drop a class hoping to get into another class and it doesn’t work out, you may lose your place in the original class since someone else may add it.
- Paying the $5 class change fee does not guarantee that the student will get the class they wish. Refunds will not be granted. All classes are available on a first come first served basis.
- Students who wish to add Work Release/Work Experience need to obtain the required paperwork from the counseling center in order to add the class. The $5.00 charge applies.
- If a student wishes to drop an audition class or sports team/athletics class, they will need to have permission from their teacher/coach to drop the class prior to meeting with a counselor.
If a student needs to make class changes (additions or adjustments) for second semester, the following procedures apply:
CLASS CHANGE FEE
- There is a $5.00/class charge for student requested class changes that require counselor assistance such as yearlong classes, student aides, or audition classes. This includes students who have holes in their schedule and did not complete their schedule last year or at the end of the summer. Please pay the class change fee in the main office or the counseling center prior to any class change with a counselor.
STUDENTS WHO WANT TO DROP A YEARLONG COURSE – Requires help from Counselor
- The counselors will also be available in the Media Center January 10th from 3:00 – 4:00 pm, January 11th from 7:00 am – 7:25 am & 3:00 pm -4:00 pm and again on January 17th and 18th from 3:00-5:00 pm to help students that need to drop a yearlong course and add a new course in its place. Students are required to bring a receipt from the main office or pay their $5.00 class change fee in the media center.
STUDENTS WHO WANT TO ADD/DROP A SEMESTER CLASS – Students can do on their own
- Students who wish to make changes to their schedule, will need to take advantage of arena scheduling, which will open at 3:00 pm January 5th and will remain open until January 14th at 11:59 pm. During this time, students may add/drop semester classes using the arena scheduling tool in Skyward based upon availability. For instance, if a student wanted to take a certain class but it was not available when they built their original schedule, they can check to see if the class now has spaces available through arena scheduling. Some students might drop a class during arena scheduling and that opens up availability for others who are interested in adding the same class. Semester class changes made using arena scheduling do NOT require the $5.00 class change fee.
We look forward to another great semester and are ready to assist those students who need help with their schedules as we begin third quarter.