South Jordan Youth Council is accepting applications for the 2018-19 year, and invites students to become members of the Youth Council. Applications must be received by March 17, 2018. Applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Eligibility to apply:
- You must be a resident of South Jordan.
- You must be enrolled in 9th, 10th, 11th or 12th grades during the year of your membership.
- You should be interested in learning how government works.
- You will be available to plan and participate in regular volunteer service with the Youth Council.
- You should expect to spend approximately six to seven hours, each month, for Youth Council meetings and service projects.
- You should expect to attend two South Jordan City Council meetings.
- You should expect to participate in monthly service opportunities
South Jordan Youth Council meetings are held twice a month, and meetings are approximately one hour. Meetings typically begin at 7:00 p.m. on Thursdays at the South Jordan Community Center, located at 10788 South Redwood Road.
Learn more about City and State government while making new friends and giving back to your community through a variety of volunteer service projects. Youth Council has volunteered at numerous South Jordan City sponsored activities, such as, SoJo Summerfest, holiday activities, Farmers Market activities, park projects, races like SoJo Marathon, and the Easter Egg and Candy Scramble.
South Jordan Youth Council has also worked with a variety of non-profits in the Salt Lake Valley community, as well as local elementary schools. We have participated at the annual Youth Summit.
Monthly meetings will commence when school begins and will follow the 2018-19 academic calendar.
Contact: Krystal Hansen, 801-879-0616, firstname.lastname@example.org