Dear Bingham High/South Jordan Patrons,
Bingham High has several job openings for instructional assistants in our Special Education department. These jobs are for the 2018-19 school year. The following is a description of each job opening:
- We will be hiring multiple individuals to help in our special needs classroom. Responsibilities include working with individual students who have special needs, assisting the teacher, and working with other classroom assistants within the classroom. This is a 17-hour per week position. The preferred days/time are Monday through Friday, 11:00 a.m.-2:20 p.m.
- We will also be hiring an individual to help in our special needs classroom for 25 hours per week. Responsibilities include working with individual students who have special needs, assisting the teacher, and working with other classroom assistants within the classroom. The schedule for this position is Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- We have one more class aide position available to work in our Resource classrooms. This is a 17-hour per week position. Responsibilities include working with individual students in classrooms, assisting various special education teachers, and helping with general special education department office tasks. The schedule for this position is negotiable.
- Class aide positions require that a classroom aide bend, lift (up to 50 lbs), stoop, kneel, change diapers, and maybe help a student manage her menstrual cycle if necessary.
- Our special education office will also be hiring an individual to assist in their office. This position requires someone with basic clerical skills (filing, taking minutes during meetings, scheduling, etc…). There may be some work in classrooms with teachers and students as well. The schedule for this position is Monday through Friday, 5 hours per day. Actual times will be discussed and negotiated during the interview process.
- We are looking for caring and capable individuals who can assist in these very rewarding capacities. Details of each position will be discussed further during the interview process.
If you are interested in one or more of these positions, please apply through Jordan School District Human Resources by doing the following:
- Go to www.workatjordan.org/apply
- On this page, select the green “Apply Now” button that is located in the center/bottom of the page. It is located beneath the column labeled “Classified/Miscellaneous Job Opportunities.”
- Under “Search Current Job Openings,” select “Click to view current job openings.”
- Check the following boxes:
- Under “Category” select “Part Time/Hourly Classified”
- Under “Position” select “Hourly Assistant”
- Under “Assignment” select “Instructional Assistant I PT”
- Under “Location” select “Bingham High”
You will be asked to create a user profile (if you don’t have one already) and will be given prompts to complete an application. Please contact the Bingham High Main Office at 801-256-5100 once your application is complete and let them know you want to be considered for one or more of the positions listed above. We will then review your application. After reviewing the applications of interested candidates, we will call to set up an interview time with final candidates. WE WILL CONDUCT INTERVIEWS FOR THESE POSITIONS ON JUNE 14 AND 15.
Thank you for your consideration,Bingham High Administration