Get to know Mrs. Shell
Hi! My name is Mrs. Shell. I am very excited to be your Biology teacher for this school year. I am really looking forward to getting to know each and every one of you as we embark on this learning journey together!
A little bit about me-
- Born in Utah, but moved all over. I spent majority of my teenage years living in South Carolina! I moved back to Utah when I was 17. I call SC my home, even though I was not born there.
- Before teaching, I attended Snow College and then transferred to Utah Valley University. I was an Ambassador for Snow College and loved my time there. After transfering to UVU, I worked as a full time Admissions Counselor for Snow. I helped with high school recruitment. It was a blast. This job is a big reason why I became a teacher. I loved working with the high school students and helping them reach their goals.
- In the mix of all that I married my Husband Brayden in 2019! My grandma set us up! YES, it does sometimes work! My husband is from Georgia, so my Southern Roots are still there.
- We just welcomed our first baby to our family in April. Her name is Hazel and I am obsessed with her. She is here because of SCIENCE!! She is an IVF baby. Which is amazing. She is my why!
- In my free time, I am probably taking a nap. If I am not napping, I am probably planning a trip to either Florida or Disneyland. I am a breakfast person 100% and a big fan of chocolate milk. I am a BIG Taylor Swift fan. I love to spending time with family and friends. I am always looking for an excuse to throw a party. I love the outdoors and my happy place is the beach!
- Biology has never come easy for me. In High School, I enjoyed it, but I had to work hard for it. I spent many nights in college crying over how hard Biology was. In the midst of that though, I found my passion for teaching others simply. I have been in your shoes and I know school isn't easy. My goal is to work together and support you in your learning. Wherever that may be!