Home / Band Calendar
Welcome to the Official Home of the Bingham High School Bands!
We are located in South Jordan Utah, just 20 minutes south of downtown Salt Lake City. Whether you are a new visitor, past or present student, band alumni, local or corporate sponsor, or just a fan of the BHS Bands, we hope that you will find this site easy to use and entertaining to explore, but most of all we hope it is informative.
There are always new things happening here with daily calendar updates and additional information added constantly to keep everyone up with the latest news, rehearsal details, and performances involving the Bands at Bingham High School. Check here often for the latest from the Bingham High School Bands!
Click on these links for information regarding the Bingham music feeder programs and great bands at South Jordan and Elk Ridge Middle Schools.
Latest News and Upcoming Events
- Solo and small ensemble is coming up on March 13! This year solo and small ensemble will be held at American Fork High School. All students in the wind symphony are required to prepare a piece for this event. Remember that if you are planning to play a solo, you are required to find a pianist to accompany you. Make sure that your piece is appropriate for this type of event. Good luck to all the students participating!
- Wind Symphony auditions will be held from March 19 to March 22. This year, all those who are currently holding a seat in the wind symphony do not need to audition. The auditions are open to all students who are currently in 9th, 10th, or 11th grade. For the audition, be sure to prepare the scales provided on the "Audition Materials" page (these can also be found in the "Treasury of Scales" book). You will also need to prepare a two-octave, slurred chromatic scale. Last, but not least, be sure to prepare a short piece that showcases your abilities. Be aware that there may be a sight reading piece provided at the audition.
- State Jazz Ensemble Festival is coming up on March 23 and 24! This year, the festival will be held at Murray High School. Come support our jazz students as they perform at a state level!
- The Band is asking for donations for a safety - related upgrade to our 50 ft. Marching Band trailer. The trailer is in need of a "tuck-away" lift gate to help load unsteady and top-heavy wardrobe boxes into the back of the trailer at shows and competitions. These heavy boxes have come close several times to falling off our ramps and onto students, staff and parents. The units are between $10 and $15,000. Donations can be made in the main office at BHS and should be directed to the "BHS Marching Band. All donations are tax deductible. Thanks for your consideration.
- Still offered for sale, it’s time to purchase your Bingham Marching Band Pillows while limited supplies last! Made from our former Bingham Band uniforms, they are now offered to the general public at $125 each. These are going to be RARE and orders will be taken on a first come, first serve basis with payment made in full in the BHS main office and the receipt with date and time stamps turned into the band office. Supplies will be EXTREMELY limited as we only have about 65 old band uniforms remaining and each pillow uses up an entire uniform jacket so reserve yours today! These are perfect for that hardcore Bingham fan, former band student, or BHS souvenir hound. Contact Mr. Graber or Marta Ahlstrom, Band Booster President for more information about these now that they have hit the market, and check out the pictures to see what the pillows look like! Don't miss out!
Directions to Bingham High School, 2160 W. 10400 S., South Jordan UT
From Interstate 15, take exit 293 (South Jordan) and travel west on 10600 South (which turns into 10400 South) 2.5 miles to the intersection of 2200 west. The band room sits on the southeast corner of the building, just off the diagonal parking lot. Map It